|Server Operations Center (SOC)
The Server Operations Center (SOC) is part of the Network and Server Support (NSS) organization within UIS.
The mission of the SOC is to strategically, proactively and collaboratively, develop, enhance and support
critical infrastructure providing customer-driven, high quality and cost-effective technology solutions
for Harvard departments and schools.
Our role & services
The SOC utilizes state-of-the-art system management tools to monitor and support over
250 servers. University administrative applications supported by the SOC include Harvard
University Identification (HUID), Peoplesoft, and Oracle Financials. Customers can leverage
in-depth expertise and comprehensive services offered by the SOC to develop custom IT
business solutions. The SOC operates in a full cost-recovery basis.
SOC services includes:
- Data Center & Server Hosting
- Systems Management and Engineering
- Database Administration and Core Application & Infrastructure Services
- Server/Application architecture consultancy
- Adherence to CAIT standards and guidelines